Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Mix

Exactly a week from now it will be Christmas Eve. Exciting times, people! I've always enjoyed the holiday season. I love looking at Christmas lights and baking treats and decorating the tree. I have so much holiday spirit that I'm even excited about the wrapping paper I bought. Sometimes I feel like I'm Andy Williams, ready to put on a holiday sweater and skate around on a set with fake trees and snow. Oddly enough, there happens to be no Andy Williams whatsoever on the mix below.

About the mix: I wanted to put together a mix that I could play around the whole family without someone getting annoyed by a certain song being too 'loud' or too 'weird'. Still, I think I managed to get a good mixture of old classics and newer tunes in there. One listen to Cassette's rendition of 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' and you'll see that I haven't gone completely 'traditional' with the whole mix. Several of the songs included also happen to be some of my favorites from childhood. Oh and also, for some reason I thought It would be hilarious to start off a Christmas mix with holiday wishes from Marc Bolan of T. Rex followed immediately by a Burl Ives song? Maybe I am just going crazy from all of this Christmas cheer.

Download individual tracks, or download the entire mix in a convenient zip file. And yes, that is a picture of my cat.

Ginger Cookie Disco Christmas Mix 2007

compiled by Melissa Robot

Download the entire mix in one convenient zip file

01. T. Rex - Xmas Message
02. Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas
03. Jens Lekman - Run Away With Me
04. Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy's Christmas
05. XTC - Thanks For Christmas
06. Sufjan Stevens - O Holy Night
07. Phantom Planet - Winter Wonderland
08. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Skating
09. Frank Sinatra - Jingle Bells
10. The Raveonettes - The Christmas Song
11. Math and Physics Club - A Marshmallow World
12. Guster - Donde Esta Santa Claus?
13. Marah - Holly Jolly Christmas
14. Sufjan Stevens - Put the Lights on the Tree
15. Cocteau Twins - Frosty the Snowman
16. Cassette - Do You Hear What I Hear?
17. The Dandy Warhols - Little Drummer Boy
18. Bright Eyes - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
19. Bing Crosby - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
20. The Partridge Family - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
21. Dean Martin - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
22. Starflyer 59 - Christmas Time Is Here
23. Squirrel Nut Zippers - Winter Weather
24. Sharpetiquette - Jingle Bell Rock
25. Darlene Love - Marshmallow World
26. PAS/CAL - Last Christmas
27. Elton John - Step Into Christmas
28. Frank Sinatra - The Christmas Waltz

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Pooker Designs said...

Just downloaded it. Hope it gets in me in the Spirit! Seeing that pic of Kone beneath the tree, perhaps about to attack that shiny red ornament helps too!

Melissa Robot said...

yay! you better hurry up and get in the spirit.