Friday, February 29, 2008

AH CMON FUCK A GUY.

Last night, a friend of mine bestowed upon me the gift of Chuggo's video for 'Come On Fuckin Guy', or as it's more widely known, 'AAAAAHHH CMON FUCK A GUY'. This friend of mine advised that I designate a special post for Chuggo here on Ginger Cookie Disco. I thought to myself, 'No way. Sure, we have a sense of humor on this blog, but we write about things that have artistic merit. Even when Josie contributes an in depth analysis of The Doobie Brothers it's not just laughs. Obviously The Doobie Brothers are not only hilarious, but also amazingly talented (particularly in the Michael McDonald years). But Chuggo? No way could I ever write a post about Chuggo'. Here's why: At first I thought the video wasn't that great or funny and that it was just a guy making a ramshackle hip hop parody. Then two things happened. 1. I realized that Chuggo wasn't joking. He's a real rapper from Toronto. 2. I woke up and watched the video six times in a row. By dinnertime the song was so embedded in my brain that I was worried I might yell out 'AAAAAHH CMON FUCK A GUY' in the presence of my family whilst chewing my food.

By this point you may be asking yourself, who exactly is this Chuggo guy anyway? Hip Hop Canada tells us the following about the rapper:

"Chuggo grew up in Toronto on Lakeshore & Islington between a KFC and a Strip club. For the first 7 years of his life his head grew bigger due to a lot of T.V. Dinners. He discovered music at age of nine in the form of X-Clan, N.W.A., Tim Dog, Kool G. Rap and Def Leppard. Even though he didn't learn to snap his fingers till he was twelve nothing could stop him from enjoying the latest from Public Enemy. Chuggo is not an emcee he is a rapper. In late 2002 Chuggo began to work in the studio and released his first solo 12-inch vinyl in 2003. Chuggo is a member of The Lakeshore Stranglas "the most dangerous rap group this side of the border" alongside 2Gats, White Fang, Black Male, Koshur and Ritz Nabisko."

Okay, there is a guy in his group called 'Ritz Nabisko'. Does life get any more amazing than that? Ritz Nabisko, people. As for the aforementioned video, there isn't much I can say about it. You sort of just need to witness it for yourself.



Almost as hilarious as the video and song itself, are the comments people have left underneath it on YouTube. If you scroll through, you will see an endless sea of every single person saying 'AH CMON FUCK A GUY'. As Natasha (one of Ginger Cookie Discos's contributors) so astutely observed; anyone who corrected the lyric and left a comment saying 'CMON FUCKIN GUY' has been given a bunch of thumbs down ratings. Actually, pretty much any comment that fails to contain lyrics from the song has been given thumbs down ratings. Not only is Chuggo hilarious, but so too are his fervent fanatics. All I really have to say in regards to this whole Chuggo phenomenon is that my favorite line in the song is "I put mayonnaise on everything, that's how I eat'. Good stuff, although I'm personally not a big fan of actual mayonnaise.

So that you do not miss out on the full Chuggo experience, do not forget to visit Chuggo's myspace as well as his wikipedia page. You may learn some interesting facts. AH CMON FUCK A GUY.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH CMON FUCK A GUY

Sean said...

AH CMON FUCK A GUY

Anonymous said...

i'll put a sign on your back that says "i can't rap"

Natasha said...

AAAARRRRGH CMON FUCK A GUY!!!

Anonymous said...

AHHH, C'MON FUCK A GUY!

Anonymous said...

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Chuggo

Nice articAHHH CMON FUCK A GUY

TKW Pure Ownage said...

Most of the comments that start out as a sentence and end in "AHHH CMON FUCK A GUY" are from Anonymous /b/tards from 7Chan and 4Chan

The Fred said...

I was going to say something constructive, but then I realised that in my heart of hearts, all I desireAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH C'MON FUCK A GUY

Anonymous said...

You were definitely spot on about thAAAHH C'MON FUCK A GUY

jaymills said...

look guys, Chuggo is actually a pretty good rappAHHH CMON FUCK A GUY