Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let's Get Serious For Reals, You Guys

Hi!!


I am Josie, and I am going to be periodically contributing random things here from here on out. Hmm. You know, I've always said that "from here on out" phrase out loud, but I've never actually written it down before now. It looks weird. Anyway, I've not prepared an actual post with substance yet, but I wanted to do a semi-introductory thing so that there wouldn't be any more confusion than necessary. In the mean time while you're all waiting for me to conjure up this actual post with substance, to give you an idea of what kind of atmosphere I'm going to be bringing into the Ginger Cookie Disco, I come bearing the gift of Jermaine Jackson.


I found this song a couple of years ago and I always try to get it into as many people's lives as possible, because it really is a gift to the world that needs to be experienced. I've listened to it many, many, many times - okay, probably too many times to be admitting to other people - and I can't figure out if it's the best or the worst song ever, but what I do know is that it has seriously grooved its way into my soul. There is really only one thing to be said about it, and it's from the song itself:

"S-E-R-I-O-U-S/ Baby, let's get serious/ Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah YEEEAAAHHH-owwww!!!"

Oh em gee. I can't even think anymore after writing that so I'll have to go for now, but I'll leave you with one final thought to ponder as you listen to this masterpiece:

This song was written for Jermaine Jackson by ...wait for it... Stevie Wonder. I am super serious, baby.

No comments: